Registrato: 09/07/19 02:46
|What Is AFIB and How Does It Affect Me? Health Articles | October 18 , 2011
AFIB stands for Atrial Fibrillation and is often spelled A-Fib. This is a heartbeat or rhythm that isn't regular. A normal heartbeat is fairly consistent in its pattern but this malady occurs when the...
AFIB stands for Atrial Fibrillation and is often spelled A-Fib. This is a heartbeat or rhythm that isn't regular. A normal heartbeat is fairly consistent in its pattern but this malady occurs when the electrical heart impulses behave irregularly. Another name for this irregularity is arrhythmia. When an individuals heartbeat bounces around in a chaotic manner, this can be quite frightening for the person. He or she may not even notice this regular beating drum of life till it goes haywire. Here are some things to think about:
- The normal heartbeat: This originates from muscle contractions that begin within the right atrium. The contractions pump blood and reverberate through the veins and body. This is how the life blood flows through a humans system to keep it alive and functioning. This occurs naturally many times each minute although we don't perceive it happening.
- Too fast of slow: The normal pace of this pumping action is between fifty to one-hundred times per minute. If it goes faster or slower than this, it can be problematic and is classified as tachycardia for fast or bradycardia for slow.
- A-Fib: With Atrial Fibrillation, this contracting process isn't in a regular pattern and can go extremely quickly, causing the atrium to contract hundreds of times in a haphazard manner. Suddenly, the individual becomes aware of this odd sensation in the chest and may wonder what's going on.
- Common problem: Many individuals who have this occur may not realize that it's a fairly common problem. In fact, it's estimated that a couple of million people have had it. This amounts to approximately one percent of the population.
- Over fifty: A-Fib usually occurs in individuals who are over fifty years of age. The older a human being, the more likely that he or she will have this health issue. Once a person is over 80 years of age, the likelihood of getting it compounds by five times.
- Patterns vary: The patterns with which Atrial Fibrillation shows up can vary. It may occur intermittently, persistently or permanently. It may show up and only last for seconds, minutes or days or it can last throughout life.
- Causes: There are various reasons why AFIB may occur in an individual.
o Thyroid problems: An overactive thyroid may be a culprit with this health concern.
o Imbibing in alcoholic beverages. Drinking cocktails, beer and wine can promote this irregular beat.
o Pneumonia: Contracting pneumonia can lead to this problem.
o Blood clot in lungs: Having a pulmonary blood clot can result in A-Fib.
o Heart valve issues: Whether from genetic predisposition or lifestyle, having valve issues with this
vital organ can lead to the irregularity.
o High blood pressure: Having high blood pressure can result in this condition along with other problems.
o Clogged arteries: Fatty deposits within arteries can result in disease and heartbeat issues.
If an individual is troubled with AFIB, he or she should make an appointment with a physician to learn about the treatments that can help. A heart doctor who specializes in this condition should be the MD to turn to.
Article Tags: Atrial Fibrillation
A good deal of people come across their television service to just simply just be far as well boring: you will discover seldom programs on that they obtain genuinely intriguing, as well as the selections that do perk their interest frequently only cover a narrow, restricted gamut. Amongst possessing to tolerate so many commercials (currently, they are longer and a lot more numbing than ever) and not finding the type of programming that they come across entertaining, a great deal of Tv viewers have come for the point of giving up on tv itself, yielding towards the boredom which it has provoked in their lives…until finally they heard about satellite Television.
The transforming point for a lot of men and women comes when they go to the house of somebody (a buddy, household member, colleague) with a satellite connection in their house. The impression is instantaneous, and it really is indelible; the superiority of satellite in all elements is literally unquestionable. The most typical issue that people notice throughout this first “discovery” of satellite tv would be the truth that the particular person with all the service (i.e. the host within this situation) does not need to wait to seek out a thing exciting, that they genuinely like on. This impression is more expounded for the enth degree when the host happens to have an HD DVR integrated with their satellite service.
What the HD DVR does that just takes the tv viewing practical experience way beyond any on the expectations normal, old-school viewers may have is that it delivers energy in to the hands of any subscriber with one particular sitting in their Tv area: the power of option. Now with large def capacity, DVRs enable the subscriber an infinite degree of freedom and ease in their tv service, what together with the thousand and one particular amazing characteristics. One example is, pausing reside Tv has been a big hit with all viewers; having the ability to swiftly forward by means of commercials in any recorded program has also been a huge achievement; and due to the fact there is loads and loads of storage space, the fact that an individual certainly not desires to be out of fresh, fascinating viewing materials has also consequently b.